“I love sharing food from my home country, because I like these dishes and they remind me of my family and my mom,” says Helen* from Egypt. “When I come to the RUN office, I feel like all of them are like my sisters and family, so I want to share my family’s cooking with them.”
At RUN, we support refugees and asylum seekers from 18 different countries, each with their own culture and history. Part of what makes RUN special is how our programmes bring these cultures together as one community. Food plays a significant role in that.
In 2019, we worked with RUN participants to document family recipes that have been passed down through the generations into a collaborative RUN Cookbook. Our hope is that despite having to flee their homes, our participants can strengthen their connections to their cultures and have another tangible piece of their history to carry with them as they rebuild their lives, wherever that may be. The RUN Cookbook is not just a collection of recipes. It’s a collection of memories. It’s the story of our participants and their resilience.
The cookbook includes 49 recipes from 12 different countries and stories of RUN participants representing each country. All proceeds go directly to support RUN’s programmes for vulnerable refugees in Hong Kong.
Buy A Copy
There are three ways you can purchase copies of the RUN Cookbook:
- Stop by one of our partner locations and purchase directly from them
- Purchase from our website, for pick up at one of our partner locations, the RUN Office, or have it delivered to you via courier (for an additional fee, paid by cash on delivery)
- Purchase a cookbook as a gift and have it sent directly to a friend or family member (available in Hong Kong only)
1. Buy from our Partners
The RUN Cookbook is available for purchase at the following locations:
- Joint Dynamics Central (5/F Asia Standard Tower, 59-65 Queens Road, Central; opening hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-3:00pm)
- Joint Dynamics Quarry Bay (12/F Dorset House, 979 King’s Road, Quarry Bay; opening hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-3:00pm)
- Proof (14 Tsun Yuen Street, Happy Valley; opening hours: Tue-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm)
- Lantau Base Camp (10 Mui Wo Ferry Pier Road, Mui Wo; opening hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-7:00pm)
2. Buy on our Website
Order a copy of the RUN Cookbook using the button below. The payment form defaults to HK$350 (price of one copy). To order multiple copies, please adjust the payment amount:
2 copies = HK$700
3 copies = HK$1,050
4 copies = HK$1,400
5 copies = HK$1,750
You will receive an email confirmation with pick-up/delivery details.
3. Buy as a Gift
For an additional HK$50 (total HK$400 per Cookbook), you can have a copy of the RUN Cookbook delivered to a friend or family member in Hong Kong, together with a personal message from you. The button below will take you through a two-step process to enter in your gift details, then to process payment. You will receive an email confirmation once the order is placed.
For bulk orders, please contact us at email@example.com.
* Name has been changed